Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Endless Summer

All of my coworkers went back to school on Monday, and the students' first day is tomorrow. It feels strange not to be there, but I'm trying to enjoy my last bit of total relaxation before Miles makes his grand entrance. It's just a matter of time now!

All went well at this week's appointment.We've officially reached 34 weeks, which one of our doctors once described as "smooth sailing" for birth from here on out. I'd still like the little guy to hold out a few more weeks....even though my stomach is now the size of a perfectly rounded basketball! I'm feeling great for being this far into pregnancy, and Miles is still doing beautifully. We really have been blessed thus far.

Finally ending our summer adventure and going home will be quite an adjustment, but we are excited to be nearing the end of our extended "vacation". Hopefully, though, someday Adam and I will be able to bring Miles back here to Rittenhouse Square and walk the streets where he spent over three months living with mommy and grandma. I also hope that he will realize how fortunate our family is to have been given this life changing opportunity. Though the summer of 2013 seems endless, it has certainly been worthwhile.

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck...everything went smooth...new teacher evaluation hit everyone kind of hard...but we will muddle through it...

    ReplyDelete