Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Checking in at CHOP

Our weekly appointments at CHOP have become comfortably routine. Miles and I see an ultrasound tech, a nurse practitioner, and a doctor each and every week. It's hard for me to fathom that women having "normal" pregnancies would only now start having weekly appointments with just one doctor and don't have weekly ultrasounds.  I've been absolutely spoiled by the staff at CHOP since week 22!

The best part of each appointment is definitely the sense of calm that I feel upon leaving the hospital each week. Miles has been completely stable and I've had no complications (Knock on wood!). This is far more of a blessing than one could ever imagine. The average birth week for a fetal surgery baby is week 34. Yet here we are at week 35 just hanging out as Miles grows bigger and stronger each day! It's always a joy to be able to watch him wiggle around on the ultrasound screen!

I meant to snap a picture when Miles was actually on the screen, but I got so caught up chatting with our tech that I completely forgot the picture! So a blank screen it is! I also took a couple of pictures of one of the huge exam rooms in the maternal/fetal medicine center. It truly is an awesome medical facility.



It may sound crazy, but I really will miss our weekly appointments at CHOP when it is FINALLY time for us to go home. Every member of our team has become like family, and they all seem as excited as we are for Miles to make his grand entrance! Hopefully the little guy will continue beating the odds for just a bit longer though!

No comments:

Post a Comment