Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Home Is Where the Crib Is

Well, another weekly appointment is in the books. I'm happy to say there are no major changes with Miles or me. At this point, no news is definitely good news! We are so fortunate to have made it this far. The little guy needs to hang in there for just a few more weeks. Then he can come on out and meet the world!

I can't believe that we have been in Philadelphia for over 80 days! I've missed out on a lot of first time mommy moments; one of which was decorating Miles' nursery. I did manage to participate from afar though. I chose a paint color before leaving Pittsburgh, and in June my father-in-law painted the walls. The shade is tranquil and neutral...just like I wanted. Thanks to online shopping, I was also able to pick out all of Miles' nursery details. Then various members of both sides of the family came together this past Saturday to make it happen! I couldn't be more pleased with the results.




Just a few more finishing touches and it will be all ready for Mr. Miles' homecoming. I can't wait for that day. It will be so wonderful to change a diaper on his changing table or pick a little outfit out of his brand new chest of drawers. The little things will mean so much after this experience, and for that I am sincerely grateful. We also can't wait to rock in his new glider...if Baxter ever agrees to give it up!
I also need to add in a special thank you to my husband for dealing with all the "clutter" being delivered to the house. You're the best, Adam! Thanks for being the UPS man's BFF for me. I'll be home soon enough to resume the position myself!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment